Sunday, December 2, 2007

Me And Boo



I was reminded again yesterday of how special pets can be. After the recent ordeal of having to find my Boo a foster home I was able to spend an entire day with her before she left to go to her last foster home. She'll be back with me soon.

Boo is a good, loving dog. I had her placed twice and she wasn't unwanted because of anything she did. She was unwanted because both foster homes wanted her to change. One didn't like her barking at night. Why did she bark? Because the lady's son often slept in his truck at night and Boo wanted him to come inside.

The next foster parent expected Boo to be happy inside a small pen. Boo has always been an inside dog. High expectations for a poor pet.

I have always had a pet and I have loved them all but, as I've gotten older, I've begun to notice how much more important they are to me. Perhaps that's because I'm not work focused anymore and don't have a busy life.

Spending yesterday with Boo was a very special gift. I know she has to move one more time but this will be her last stop on this roller coaster. She will be back with me as soon as I can make it happen.

And to think this all came about thanks to fans of a show called Jericho.


No comments: