Wednesday, April 23, 2008

PETA:: Fake Meat



"PETA
, the extremely controversial animal rights organization, is in the news again. This time it’s because they have announced a competition of sorts. They’re offering a million dollar prize to anyone who can make a viable fake meat.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants to pay a million dollars for fake meat — even if it has caused a “near civil war” within the organization.

The organization said it would announce plans on Monday for a $1 million prize to the “first person to come up with a method to produce commercially viable quantities of in vitro meat at competitive prices by 2012.”



"It may seem odd, but there's a parallel between abductions and dog attacks.

Most children who are victimized aren't randomly selected; they're attacked by a person or dog known to them. Just as an abductor is more likely to be someone known to the child -- an estranged parent, say -- a dog involved in a serious attack is more likely to be an animal the child knows, kept by the family, a friend or a relative."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I have subscribed to your blog and will put you in my blogroll. If you fancy putting me in yours that would be great, if not, no problem!

I used to eat meat and obviously appreciate fake meat. The closest I have had to fake meat are fake hotdogs and maybe the odd restaurant meal. No idea what they used!

Sweet Tea said...

Hi!

Added your blog here. Thanks for coming by to comment.

I don't think I want any fake meat.

Unknown said...

I tell everyone I know... I love my dogs and trust them implicitly.. but would NEVER leave my dogs unattended with a child! ... its just setting them up for failure.